History of Chateau Nimerice dates back to the 14th century, to the reign of Bohemian King Charles IV. Today empire style appearance, Chateau Nimerice got in year 1834 by rebuilding of old small fortress. In the same year were set also the castle gardens.
For most of the 19th century, the Chateau Nimerice was owned by the princely Thurn - Taxis family. The most prominent owner was Prince Rudolf Thurn Taxis, who was a politician, lawyer and especially a great patron and benefactor of the cultural and political activities of the Czech national revival.
In 1862 the composer Bedřich Smetana stayed in Nimerice and composed here his first opera The Brandenburgers in Bohemia (Czech: Braniboři v Čechách). The Taxis family also built the chateau Neo-Romanesque chapel at the Church of Our Lady. The dominant feature of the chapel is the magnificent Madonna made from the Karer marble from the famous sculptor Václav Levý.
In the first third of the 20th century, Chateau Nimerice bought family of current owners. After expropriation of manor in communism, the property is since year 1990 returned back to the Heres family. Here starts new era and new pages of history of Chateau Nimerice. Ruined and devastated castle and its surroundings were great challenge - restoration of original elegance and beauty of Chateau Nimerice.